Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Have you heard of Vine?

Vine is an App that is an off-shot of Twitter. If you already have a Twitter account, setting up a Vine account is a snap. Instead of 140 characters you can record 6 seconds of video! The trick is you are only recording when your finger is on the screen. This means that you can put in as many frames as you want! Your video will also endlessly loop. Right now Vine is full of teenagers that are not sure how to use it, but there are a few of the crafty and creative there as well. Just think of the possibilities for really short tutorials and art pieces! I am going to open my new online shop "Mosaics in Fiber" at the end of this month. For the past month and a half I have been making these little videos for three reasons: to practice, to bring a higher maturity content to vine and to show my product to the world. The only down side is that there does not seem to be a way to change orientation. There are more Vines from me on Vine as "kaystir". For those of you curious about what my shop might offer. I have started a Facebook page that should give you an idea.





 
 The above shows some "stained glass monsters" that I am thinking of making a kit for in my shop. A nice easy kit for a beginner needle-felter.














 More Stained glass monster antics.











 
 "This is Your Brain on Wool" OR "Yarn Brain" OR "Wool Brain" OR "Wooly Thoughts".

















  Other needle felted figures of mine, made before I have a tripods for my Iphone.

1 comment: